State Bar of Georgia
Justia Lawyer Rating
GA Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers

Making Child Arrangements: When Do You Need a Solicitor

Family separations are one of the toughest things to go through for children and parents alike. You, as a parent with legal rights and parental responsibility need to know when you should contact a solicitor for help. If the separation is amicable and both partners can agree on child arrangements, such as:

  • Where the child/children will live
  • How much time they will spend with each parent
  • How you will financially support your children

Then there is no need to involve a solicitor. However, if these things cannot be agreed upon, you can use a mediator to help you make a parenting plan. If after this, things can still not be agreed upon, you can take the issue to court and have a judge decide what is best for the child/children. You cannot apply for a court hearing unless you have first tried mediation, except in certain circumstances such as domestic abuse or the involvement of social services.

Client Reviews
"Consistently delivers results. Glenn Stern has helped on numerous occasions: he saved me from various legal perils by consulting on legal matters. Glenn has also helped out at least twice by representing me in court, each time, the outcome has surpassed my expectations. Highly recommend.” Mark
"Glenn Stern is a great attorney! He is very charismatic and personable while also very professional and great at what he does! He responds quick and answers any questions you may have as a knowledgeable attorney. I highly recommend Stern as he helped me out greatly with my case. If need be, I would rehire him in an instant!” H.S.
"I found Mr. Stern to be true to his word. If he said he was going to do something, he did it! Upfront with what he would do and his expectations of result. He was right on target. Anytime I contacted him and he missed my call or email he was quick to reply as soon as he was able. I found Mr. Stern to be a lawyer with real integrity and genuine concern for his clients. I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone needing a criminal attorney." A.P.